What Information About Customers Do We Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us continue to improve your Knocki experience.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for customizing your Knocki hardware and software experience, and for developing improvements to Knocki.
- Mobile: When you download or use the Knocki app, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising for smarthome products and accessories available in your region. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
- Email Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Knocki if your computer supports such capabilities.
- User Account: Knocki information associated with a user account including hardware status, firmware status, gesture activity, addition or removal of Knocki devices.
- Information from other sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information, including information provided by you during device and warranty registration.
Do We Share Information We Receive?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Knocki customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address.
- Anonymous and non-personally-identifiable usage patterns and statistics may be aggregated and sold to third parties. This information may include zip-code level location data, aggregate statistics of smart home device usage, and consumer purchasing statistics. This information does not include names, address-level locations, or personal communications.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.